Autism and Asperger Syndrome are often topical items. If you would like to speak to people on the autism spectrum and/or their families, please contact our press office.
Autism Oxford is a small business organisation with social aims. Our principal activities are:
- Offering information, useful ideas and contacts for people in the Oxfordshire area. Professionals from statutory and voluntary organisation, people on the autism spectrum, and their families are welcome to contact us.
- Developing the Autism Alert Card scheme for Oxfordshire
- Running a programme of speaker events throughout the year, within and outside Oxfordshire, featuring world-renowned experts in the field, established speakers with autism and Asperger syndrome, and new and young speakers who want their messages to be heard. We are proud to say that our speakers have included: Professor Tony Attwood with Dr Michelle Garnett, Donna Williams, Dr Wendy Lawson, Sarah Hendrickx, Marc Fleisher, Ben Delo and many wonderful and inspiring young people on the autism spectrum. Our events are very popular and often sell out. To be sent information about our events, please join our emailing list.
- Providing support and coaching for new and young speakers with Autism, giving them the opportunity to tell their own stories and offer ideas and strategies to help others.
- Offering bespoke training sessions, tailored to the particular needs of each organisation. Our Training Team members are mostly people on the autism spectrum. This ensures that each session gives unique and personal perspectives from the inside, with strategies that really work. The sessions also offer the opportunity to have questions answered and to have discussions with people who live life on the autism spectrum. To enquire about our Training Team, please contact us.
- Undertaking research and consultancy work on the needs of people on the Autism Spectrum and their family carers.
For press enquiries please contact:
Press Office: Kathy Erangey
Tel: 01844 353292